Webinar: The Importance of Hygiene in Food Service
Did you know that we hosted a webinar with Np Seetharam (General Manager, R&D Home Care, South Asia Unilever) as a guest speaker? He shares valuable insights and best practice strategies your business needs to have in place to promote food hygiene.
Here are some of the key points:
According to WHO, around 2.2 million people become ill daily from 200 foodborne diseases. In India specifically, between 2009 and 2018, a total of 2688 foodborne disease outbreaks were reported to the IDSP.
What are the risks of foodborne illnesses?
- Food poisoning of guests
- Bad business reputation and loss of business
- Fines for breaches of health and safety practices
What can your business do to avoid foodborne illnesses?
- The food handler must wash their hands before touching anything as 80% of communicable diseases are transferred by touch. We recommend our Lifebuoy Handwash 5L.
- Do not cook food inadequately (hot food kills bacteria)
- Avoid cross-contamination by ensuring utensils are cleaned properly with the trusted Vim Hand Dishwash Liquid 5L. We recommend using hot water and changing the water frequently.
- Clothes are one of the top causes of cross-contamination. Keep your clothes clean by using hot wash cycles to kill bacteria, and avoid leaving clothes wet for too long as bacteria thrive in damp conditions - why not try our Surf Excel Matic-Laundry Liquid Detergent 5L?
- Clean and sanitise surfaces regularly with our Domex Disinfectant Multi-Surface Cleaner 5L.
- Implement your own HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) to help your business identify and react to food safety hazards.
Get access to the full powerpoint here.